Celebrating someone means remembering all the good things they do for us. It’s about showing our commitment and love! On April 22nd, we celebrate earth day. Here at Abare Closet, we will be celebrating earth day by collecting earth quotes.
It’s not every day that we celebrate something as old as the planet itself. What better way to celebrate Earth than with historical figures like Mother Teressa, Gandhi, and Einstein.
In this article, we will share earth day quotes that’ll inspire you to save your environment!
Quarantine changed a lot of people and turned out to be a rather unique experience. Remaining inside makes us feel like we’re losing our connection with the outside world. NASA’s satellites detected a significant decrease in Nitrogen Oxide (NO2) over China after the COVID-19 outbreak.
Caption: a map showing NO2 values in China before quarantine (January 1 - 20, 2020) and during quarantine (February 10 - 25, 2020).
Image Credit: NASA.
There are many ways in which quarantine helped the environment such as:
We saw a sudden drop in pollution in a major country. The same things happened all around the world. It’s good news but not exactly permanent. The environmental impacts of quarantine are temporary unless we take solid, long-term measures.
A great way to celebrate earth day this year is to start something that helps the environment. You don’t need to go out in the street to have your voice listened to.
You can record your protest against environmental pollution online.It’s a matter of supporting environment-friendly brands like Abare Closet. Learning more about sustainable living can be a great way too. Start a new chapter and inspire others to do the same!
During quarantine, there was a drastic decrease in pollution. In a way, we can say that by living at home, we helped the environment. If you take a closer look, you’ll see that a lot of small factors made that possible.
Here are a few simple ways to save our environment from home:
Quarantine is a great time to start a lifestyle that benefits us and our surroundings.
It’s a great time to support the community by getting everyday products from the farmer’s market. This way, you also reduce your carbon footprint. You can learn to recycle and use recycled products.
Did you know?
Meals in the United States travel an average of 1,500 miles from the farm to our plates. (World Watch).
Most people know the hazard of plastic bags and fossil fuels on the earth’s atmosphere. the questions, do you know the environmental cost of fast fashion? The fast fashion industry is responsible for 20% of global water waste and 10% of carbon emissions. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg!
Shopping from a sustainable fashion brand is another way to make quarantine sustainable. Our guide on ‘How to reduce your fashion footprint (7 easy steps)’ is a great place to start your journey!
In the last few decades, people are focusing more and more on making sensible choices. They understand concepts like global warming and climate change. And are willing to do something about it!
One should never underestimate the power of an individual. Together these individuals make up society. It’s in our mutual interest to make mother earth a safe place for future generations.
Here’s what one person, YOU can do to help the environment:
Each generation leaves behind its own legacy. The world we inherited from our ancestors will be our gift to the next generations. It’s up to us how beautiful a gift we want to give!
We can work as thoughtful committed citizens, who offer our contribution to the world. Those who become a voice in millions of others striving to be better. Commit to leading a sustainable life and make this world a safer place!
1. “The earth is something we all have in common.” —Wendell Berry
2. "We do not inherit the world from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." —Native American Proverb
3. "And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." —Kahlil Gibran
4. "Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs but not every man's greed." —Mahatma Gandhi
5. “I only feel angry when I see waste. When I see people throwing away things we could use.”—Mother Teresa
6. “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” —Albert Einstein
7. “The ultimate test of man’s conscience may be his willingness to sacrifice something today for future generations whose words of thanks will not be heard.” —Gaylord Nelson
8. “The Earth will not continue to offer its harvest, except with faithful stewardship. We cannot say we love the land and then take steps to destroy it for use by future generations.” —John Paul II
9. “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” —Margaret Mead
10. “There are no passengers on Spaceship Earth. We are all crew.” —Marshall McLuhan
11. “The best investment on earth is earth” —Louis J. Glickman
12. “One of the first conditions of happiness is that the link between man and nature shall not be broken.” —Leo Tolstoy
13. “Away, away, from men and towns, To the wildwood and the downs, To the silent wilderness, Where the soul need not repress its music.” —Percy Bysshe Shelley
14. “He that plants trees loves others besides himself.” —Thomas Fuller
15. “The environment is where we all meet; where we all have a mutual interest; it is the one thing all of us share.” — Lady Bird Johnson
16. “Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty.” —John Ruskin
Comments will be approved before showing up.